by Alvin H. Grobmeier, CDR, USN (Ret.)
Anyone having questions or comments on this topic is invited to contact CDR. Grobmeier.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation operated the FBI CW Radio Network beginning in early 1957 and ending in June 1976.
There were two sites, one for transmitting and one for receiving usually located several miles apart. Locations were as follows:
Radio call signs were assigned by the Federal Communications Commission. The Ramona/San Diego station was asssigned the call sign KMG 22.Source: United States Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, letter of February 14, 1979 to Commander A.H. Grobmeier, US Navy (Ret.)
Updated on April 7, 2008 at 19:46 by Albert LaFrance